Can I Be Hypnotized?
People ask me all the time if I think I can hypnotize them. I’m sure you are wondering the same thing about yourself, “Can I be hypnotized?” Let’s find out, okay? Below I have compiled a list of questions from two of the most common hypnotic susceptibility scales, The Stanford Hypnotic Susceptibility Scales and the Harvard Group Scale of Hypnotic Susceptibility. Most people go in and out of hypnosis numerous times a day, but let’s see how you test out.
- Do you find that you can “tune out” during a conversation when someone else is going on and on?
- Have you ever been driving and lost time only to stop and wonder to yourself, “hey I really don’t remember the last few minutes of driving?”
- If I were to describe to you a lemon and imagine that you cut a lemon in half and then took a big bite into the sour lemon, would your mouth water or create a reaction?
- Have you ever purchases a product or service and moments after leaving wonder to yourself, “why in the heck did I buy that because I really don’t need it?”
- When you are watching a movie, do you ever cry or feel the emotions as if you were there in the movie?
- Do you sometimes experience “deja vu?”
- Can you get lost in a project or be reading a book and loose track of time?
- Are you able to recall events from your childhood?
- Did you experience something and now have a hard time remembering it because you would rather forget it even happened?
- Do your dreams sometimes seem real?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then yes, you can be hypnotized.
Perhaps you would like a personal hypnosis session with our hypnotherapists over the phone. You can email us at email@example.com to schedule a private appointment over the computer or phone.